09 February 2010

Drafts for the cover

Here i have experimented with using a strapline to hold my slogan. I made it purple to compliment my theme, although i think this draws the attention away from the photo which i wanted the main attention to be focussed on, as that is what i think usually is the focal selling point of a magazine. I think that this is because it is directly under the photo, I could rearrange it bringing it to the top of the page.
Here I have experimented by changing the colour of the banner to red to see if this puts more focal attention back onto the photo which i think it does, although i think that bringing another colour onto the page makes the cover look busy which is not the look I am going for as i want it to be minimal and sophisticated.
Here I have experimented with the strap line moving it to the top of the page which i feel draws attention to the top of the page and away from the picture so i feel that this does not work. I prefer the cover being minimal and sophisticated as it gives it the 'look' i am attempting to acheive, by making it look professional.
Here i have experimented with distabilising the coverlines which i think looks quirky and effective. I will ask members of my group to comment on whether they feel it looks more effective being distabilised or geometric. I think the banner makes my cover look less professional, and very amateur, as if it has been put there for the sake of it, serving no real purpose.

Here I have gotten rid of the strapline to get a real idea of how the distabilised coverlines will look without it, as i intend not to use one, I think this looks quirky and divides the coverline from the rest of the text which will encourage people to read it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment