09 February 2010

Drafts for the double page spread

Here I have experimented with using the black purple and white colour scheme on my double page spread which i think works really well as it sets a theme throughout my front cover, contents and double page spread. I changes the font of "LA BELLE" as I thought it didnt look as sophisticated as the thinner handwritten capital font which looks effective. I used yellow for the '&' sign as purple did not show up, I think this looks subtle and effective, although it slightly break the three colour convention i think that it works as it is only a small splash of the fourth colour.I also backed the page number with a circle using the dissolve effect to tie it in with the contents page. 



Here I have experimented with the layout, i used the different font for "LA BELLE" and layed the photos out like a photo reel which i think looks quite vintage matching the indie style i am going for, although it is a very common way of laying out the photos, and is slightly more boring than the way I had arranged them before. I experimented with the layout of the text but using multiple small columns, however it wouldn't fit all of my article on it, and i do not think it looks as quirky as the way I had layed them out before. I also think i should incorporate the other colour scheme to set a running theme.

0 comments:

Post a Comment